Are you looking for the perfect romantic ideas to make your partner feel loved?
I’ve created an amazing list that you’ll totally adore!
First of all, you need to know that no one is born with a book of romantic ideas in hand but like most things in life, being romantic is something that can be learned.
Although romantic ideas may seem like they come easily to some people, that’s only because they’ve had lots of practice and they are in tune with what motivates people.
Being romantic involves finding out what your partner wants (not what they need), and then finding a way to meet those wants. Pretty simple, huh?
Let’s get one thing cleared up first. Being romantic isn’t about some grand extravagant gesture like flying first class to Paris for a 2-week romantic vacation.
It’s about the little things. Little things are those simple romantic ideas you use often to make your man feel cherished.
One thing most people really want is to feel special and loved.
How you show your partner that you love him is where the challenge comes in.
Some people feel loved when they are told repeatedly that they are loved.
Others feel loved when they are touched frequently. And others see the love in gestures and services offered.
Of course, there are others that may need all three of the above to really feel loved and secure but usually, there is one need that dominates.
Everyone has different love languages and the key to a successful relationship is knowing how to speak your partner’s love language.
You need to find out what your partner needs and then you can begin working out what romantic ideas you can use to make him feel loved.
Not sure what your partner prefers? Carry out an experiment and see how he responds. You’ll quickly work it out.
What can you do if your loved one wants to hear how much you love him? You need to tell him.
But don’t just tell him and have it coming off like some kind of boring response to hello or goodbye or please pass the pepper.
Think about different ways you can get your message across.
To help you in that department, I’m going to divide the romantic ideas into groups according to the five love languages.
It would be easier to use them if you know what your partner wants.
50+ ROMANTIC IDEAS TO MAKE YOUR PARTNER FEEL LOVED
Words of Affirmation
If your partner wants to hear how much you love him, use these romantic ideas often:
1. Write him a good old fashioned love letter.
2. Send a romantic email to him when he is at work.
3. Text him a heartfelt love message unexpectedly.
4. Think of 3 ways your partner has made you a better person… tell him now.
5. Call your spouse out of the blue to let him know you’re thinking of him.
6. Use crayons to draw a BIG heart in red and write “I love you” in the middle of the heart. Put it in his pocket so he’ll find it.
7. Make a long list of the many reasons why you love your partner then have the list framed and present it to him.
8. If you don’t live together, call your partner just to say goodnight and recite a favorite love poem over the phone.
9. Give your loved one a compliment about how great he looks or what his smile does to you.
10. Tell your man that if you had to do it all over again, you’d choose him.
11. Compliment your spouse on your favorite physical trait.
12. Place a romantic love note in his car, lunch bag, under his pillow or taped to his laptop.
13. Share what you admire most about your spouse.
14. Before parting, tell your spouse you can’t wait to see him again.
15. Get a printable love card, fill it with heartfelt words and give it to your partner.
Acts of Service
If actions speak louder than words for your partner, then you’ll want to focus on gestures that express your feelings. You could try these romantic ideas:
16. Have flowers delivered to your man at work.
17. Surprise him by arriving home with his favorite drink, snack, or ice-cream.
18. Cook a favorite meal for your partner and then eat it together by candlelight.
19. Pick a bouquet of wildflowers and present it to him with a kiss.
20. Brush your spouse’s hair out of his eyes or clean a smudge on his cheek.
21. Help him to straighten his tie when he’s dressing; be sure to touch him with love.
22. Prepare dinner together on a weekend.
23. Button or zip his shirt; remember to do it with love.
24. Give your spouse breakfast in bed on a weekend.
25. Run an errand for your partner.
26. Open the car or house door for your spouse.
27. Help him with some house chores or domestic work occasionally.
28. Help your man polish his shoes.
29. Fix something broken for your spouse.
30. Cook dinner for your partner on a weekend.
If your partner needs regular physical touch, you can:
31. Give your partner a foot or back rub right before bed.
32. Kiss your spouse before going to bed and immediately you wake up.
33. Stroke your partner’s hand spontaneously.
34. Touch your man’s hand or cheek while driving.
35. Sit on your spouse’s laps and cup his face in your hands.
36. Rub shoulders next time you sit next to each other.
37. Hug your spouse for 2 minutes today.
38. Place your head on your partner’s lap when you’re relaxing.
39. Play with his foot next time you sit together.
40. Play with your partner’s hair or head while talking in bed.
41. Fall asleep holding hands.
42. Scrub your spouse’s back when you are bathing together.
43. Hold hands as you walk side by side.
44. Cuddle up in your pj’s and watch a romantic movie together.
45. Make sure you kiss him before you leave the house and when you get home.
If your partner feels loved when you spend quality time with him, you can:
46. Ask how his day went and really listen.
47. Share a story from the news or your day that was interesting.
48. Learn a new joke today and share it with your spouse.
49. Dance together on the porch when no one is looking.
50. Have a tickle or pillow fight with your partner.
51. Share a problem and listen to your partner’s solution.
52. Have a “remember when?” moment… talk about it with him.
53. Dig out the wedding album and reminisce.
54. Listen to your spouse’s worries and ask how you can help.
55. Have a shower together once a week.
56. Accompany your partner to an important event.
57. Jog together in the mornings.
58. Rent a romantic movie, buy some popcorn and have a special film night at home with your partner.
59. Take long walks together.
60. Hit the gym together or do Yoga twice a week.
61. Accompany your spouse to the barbing salon.
62. Play a naughty game together this weekend.
If your partner enjoys receiving gifts, you could use these romantic ideas to show him love:
63. Go shopping together, then sneak a little surprise gift into the shopping cart for your partner.
64. Buy him a bottle of perfume out of the blue.
65. Have flowers or his favorite snacks delivered to his office.
66. Buy a beard comb and give it to your partner as a gift.
67. Frame his favorite couple photo and present it to him.
68. Leave a long stem rose where your partner will find it with a note on it saying: “Thank you for coming into my life”.
69. If your man has a pet that he adores, in addition to buying him a gift, buy a small present for his pet.
70. For Valentine’s day, buy your partner a charm bracelet with at least four charms.
71. If your partner is going on a trip, pack a small present into the corner of his suitcase that he will find when he’s away.
72. If your man has been reminiscing about a favorite book, movie or game, buy an original edition of it for him.
73. Give your partner a magic gift box. Every month, place a new small gift in the box for him to discover.
74. Research his favorite hobby and identify a gift that is really useful for him.
Whenever you want to make your partner feel loved and special, use any of the romantic ideas I’ve mentioned in this post.
If he has more than one love language, feel free to mix up the romantic ideas.
Looking for more romantic activities to do with your man? The 365 Days Of Romance will give you a list of romantic ideas for couples to keep you busy all year.