Being in a long distance relationship can be lonely as well as challenging.
When you’re so far away from someone you love, it’s often difficult to stay happy for a long period.
Sometimes, you’re grateful to be able to hear your partner’s voice and even see their face during video chats.
Other times, you wish to feel their touch, hold their hands, and cuddle with them on the couch as you watch TV together.
On days like these when it becomes extremely hard to go on, use these long distance relationship quotes to remind yourself that your love is worth fighting for.
CUTE LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
1. Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love.― Senora Ray
2. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.― Helen Keller
3. No matter where my life takes me or yours takes you, I will love you whether there are a thousand miles between us or none at all.― Courtney Peppernell
4. Love is when you are a world apart, but your love for each other stays the same.― Unknown
5. Even when you are miles away, if you love someone more than anything, you can feel them when you close your eyes, as if your souls are together as one.– Karen Kostyla
6. Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.– Matshona Dhliwayo
7. Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.– Rafael Ortiz
8. No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.– Michael Kilby
9. Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.– Cheryl Ott
10. Can miles truly separate? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?― Richard Bach
11. And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.― Khalil Gibran
12. The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love.― Tiffany Health
DEEP LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
13. Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.― Doug Fetherling
14. I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.— Steve Maraboli
15. In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.— Hans Nouwens
16. You have to go wholeheartedly into everything in order to achieve anything worth having.— Frank Lloyd Wright
17. Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.— Gilbert Parker
18. Some people can be so close to you even if physically far, they walk with you and stay near in every moment of your life.— Senora Roy
19. Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.– Nicholas Sparks
20. I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only.– Montana Lee
21. The distance may be far and wide but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that I love you so!– Linda Roy
22. I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.– Julia Roberts
SAD LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
23. I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.― Donna Lynn Hope
24. The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.― Charles Dickens
25. I’ll hold you in my heart, until I can hold you in my arms.― Eddy Arnold
26. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.― Charlie Brown
27. No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse.― Unknown
28. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.— Nicholas Sparks
29. My only enemy is the miles of distance that’s there between us, my favorite place is the road that leads me to you.— Jyoti Patel
30. That is when time stands still – when you watch the one you love, walk away.— Mallika Nawal
31. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.– Mahatma Gandhi
32. I’m miles from where you are. I lay down on the cold ground, and I… I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms.– Snow Patrol
33. But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.–
34. Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do is wait.– Tamara Louis
POSITIVE LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
35. We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.– Unknown
36. I’m not telling you it is going to be easy. I am telling you it is going to be worth it.– Art Williams
37. Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.― Kay Knudsen
38. If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.― Anna Agoncillo
39. This may be the last time I see you, but if you keep me in your heart, together we shall be eternal; if you believe, we shall never part.― Ben Harper
40. Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.― Erica Jong
41. True love will triumph at the end – which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.― John Green
42. Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.— Meghan Daum
43. Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others find it in a person.— Beau Taplin
44. No matter how far you manage to go, distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.– Lucy Aims
45. Be the success story you’re looking for. Be the ones to survive your long distance relationship. Be the inspiration for others to follow.– Dee King
46. For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.– John Burroughs
47. How lucky I am, to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.― A.A. Milne
48. Forget the miles, forget them. You’ll be there and I’ll be here, and it’ll just be long distance. And that’ll be okay, because quite frankly I’m crazy about you.– Going the Distance
49. Some people search for their entire lives for what we have and never find it. I won’t give up on love. I’ll fight for it.– Unknown
FUNNY LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
50. Does distance really matter? You love your favorite actor, drool for your favorite singer, and await patiently for the next art from your favorite artist or writer. Why not the one you love?– Jane Morsel
51. Want to learn how someone really handles frustration? Put them in a long distance relationship and give them a slow internet connection.― Lisa McKay
52. It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does?― Peter McWilliams
53. The longer the wait, the sweeter the kiss.― Josh Turner
54. It’s true, we don’t have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love.― Unknown
55. If need be, you can live in my heart…rent free…all utilities included.– Grace Nagar
56. They say long distance relationships will teach you to communicate well… We should be mind-readers by now.– Lisa McKay
MISS YOU LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
57. But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.― Lemony Snicket
58. I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal.― Vita Sackville-West
59. I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.― Gemma Troy
60. Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.― Edna St. Vincent Millay
61. I miss you in waves and tonight I’m drowning.― Denice Envall
62. The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.― Dean Jackson
63. I miss you more than the sun misses the sky at night.― Taylor Swift
64. When I don’t see you, I don’t miss you, I just place my hand over my heart and its there I will find you, because even though you are out of my sight, you will never be out of my heart.― Rashida Rowe
65. I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal.— Vita Sackville-West
TRUST LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
66. Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy authentic connection.― Vironika Tugaleva
67. If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.― Bernard Byer
68. Trust is the first step to love.— Munshi Premchand
69. If we truly trust no one, we cannot survive.— Megan Whalen Turner
70. You have to trust or you’re only living half a life.— J.D. Robb
71. When you can’t believe your eyes, you can always trust your heart. Love makes anything possible.— Unknown
72. Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change.– Ting Stores
73. Only those who are strong enough to endure lonely nights without their love survive long distance relationships.— Unknown
74. Distance doesn’t matter if two hearts are loyal to each other.— Unknown
75. Long distance relationships are hard, but they’re also incredible. If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance, then you’ll be unstoppable once you’re together.— Unknown
76. Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested.– Olga Peters
SHORT LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
77. The ocean separates lands, not souls.― Munia Khan
78. Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.― Thomas Fuller
79. Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.— Dee King
80. I exist in two places, here and where you are.― Margaret Atwood
81. You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.― Heraline
82. When two souls are one, they hear each other, even in silence.― Matshona Dhliwayo
83. A thing is mighty big when time and distance cannot shrink it.— Zora Neale Hurston
84. Close together or far apart; you’re forever in my heart.— Harry Styles
85. Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.— Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
86. No matter where you go you will always be in my heart.— Anthony T. Hincks
87. Distance means so little, when someone means so much.— Tom McNeal
88. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.– Thomas Haynes Bayly
89. Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.— James Thurber
90. I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.— Terri Guillemets
91. Love is not just being with someone. Love is feeling someone even if miles separate you.— Wordions
92. Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping and who is worth letting go.– Lana Del Rey
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES FOR HIM
93. I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him. ― Donna Lynn Hope
94. Everytime I see him, it makes me so happy that I want to cry. And I’m so happy ‘cause he loves me and ‘cause he’s mine.― Unknown
95. I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.― Jodi Picoult.
96. I know he is the only one for I feel surrounded by a thousand golden fairies in the dark. He is the only one for he touched my soul with his words before my body with fingers and he kissed my heart before planting a kiss on my lips.― Jyoti Patel
97. It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.― Alishah Khan
98. I never got to tell him again that he really was wrong, that miles didn’t matter, not if you loved someone. That borders and oceans weren’t obstacles, not for the mind. I wished I’d been able to tell him these things, because saying them out loud to someone real, instead of a mirror or a picture postcard, would have made them all the more convincing.― Emylia Hall
99. You know it’s true love when no matter how far the distance is he can still make you smile.― Unknown
100. He touched my soul long before I knew what his hands felt like. ― Nikki Rowe
101. I miss that feeling of connection, knowing he was out there somewhere thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.– Ranata Suzuki
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES FOR HER
102. She affected me, even when she was absent.― Shannon A. Thompson
103. The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.― Edward Thomas
104. Tonight I can write the saddest lines. To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her. To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.— Pablo Neruda
105. I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love in the years we were apart.— Nicholas Sparks
106. Behind every strong soldier, there is an even stronger woman who stands behind him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart.— Unknown
107. She has never felt so alone but out there, across an ocean, and in a foreign land, there is a man who loves her and would lay down his life just so she could feel the light once again.– Donna Lynn Hope
108. She wondered whether all marriages started out this way. Whether this initial stress and adjustment, push and pull and tremors and shakes were common to all relationships.– Shweta Ganesh Kumar
In human relationships, distance is not measured in miles but affection. The truth is, two people can be right next to each other and still be miles apart.
The best thing you can do when you feel like giving up is to hold on to your love and keep fighting for it.
I’ve given you a list of some of my favorite long distance relationship quotes that comforted me when I and my boyfriend were apart for so many years.
Now, that we are married, I’m so happy to be able to sleep beside my husband and wake up in his arms.
I know that the long distance was worth it despite what people said about our future together.
If you’re looking forward to the day when you’ll finally be reunited with your love forever, these 108 best long distance relationship quotes can keep you motivated during difficult times.
You can also add them to text messages, love cards, and love letters when you can’t find the right words to express your feelings for your significant other.
About The Author
Jennifer Dagi is happily married to her best friend and the love of her life.
As a relationship coach, she is passionate about helping couples build healthy and happy relationships.
She strongly believes communication and intimacy are the most important ingredients for building a successful relationship.
Join her on a fabulous journey to improve your love life one step at a time and don't forget to subscribe for weekly blog updates.