Whether you’re just starting a new relationship or you have a long-term partner, it’s important to keep your love life private and focus your energy on building a solid foundation that will last.
It’s okay to share a few memorable experiences with your loved ones, but you don’t need to post every single detail of your relationship online.
One of my best private relationship quotes is by Eric Hoffer, “A passionate obsession with the outside world or the private lives of others is an attempt to compensate for a lack of meaning in one’s own life.”
Continue reading to discover other private life quotes that’ll remind you to nurture the relationship you have with your partner and keep your intimate life personal.
PRIVATE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES FOR COUPLES
1. The secret to having a healthy relationship is… PRIVACY.
2. Keep your relationship private, without keeping your partner a secret. There’s a difference between privacy and secrecy.
3. A private relationship means nobody knows all of your business but everybody knows both of you are together, don’t get it confused.
4. I don’t like to talk about personal things. And by keeping it private, you have a better shot at a healthy relationship. I learned at a young age that there are certain things you just don’t talk about.— Sandra Bullock
5. To keep a relationship, you must keep your business to yourself and your partner, the whole world doesn’t need to know your problems.
6. Your relationship with your husband should be an important part of your private life, but publicly you should be able to define yourself.— Natalie Portman
7. Always keep your love life or relationship private without telling it to outside world, because in this fake world people ruin beautiful things.
8. Not all your family or friends will be happy when you succeed, nor will everyone be saddened when you lose; so, be careful with whom you’re sharing your personal business. Because privacy matters in a relationship.
9. I have no plans to go public if I get into a relationship. I will do my best to safeguard the privacy of the person I love and respect her feelings.— Song Joong-ki
10. I’ve learned the hard way how valuable privacy is. And I’ve learned that there are a lot of things in your life that really benefit from being private. And relationships are one of them.— Ashton Kutcher
11. The amount of impact people let social media have on their relationships is ridiculous! Have some privacy and be different, not everything has to be on social media.
HAPPY PRIVATE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
12. A private life is a happy life.
13. For a longer and healthier relationship, you need to understand the difference between secrecy and privacy in a relationship.
14. Having enough space or privacy in a relationship is more important for a couple’s happiness than having a good sex life.— Dr Terri Orbuch
15. When you keep your relationship private, you close it off to the superficial and open it up to the kind of substantial benefits that can only grow between two people.
16. Always be lenient with people and keep their privacy, as they can share their problems with you. These steps can help you in making your relationship strong.― Faisal Nawaz Maitlo
17. Knowing what to share and what not to share is an important communication skill to learn and use in relationships. It may also be something that can help or hinder peace and harmony between partners.
18. Recognizing each other’s rights to privacy isn’t only necessary for our own personal sanity and happiness, but it’s a key component to maintaining the health of our relationships as well. The fewer opportunities we give our imaginations to play games on us, the better everything is.
19. Relationships last longer when nobody knows your business.
20. Never talk down about your relationship on Facebook. Don’t let people know when your home isn’t happy, that’s when outsiders think they’re welcome to interfere.
21. Relationships work best when two people work collaboratively to manage their boundaries around privacy. They thrive when partners feel invested in each other feeling safe, supported, and accepted – even when they need different amounts of intimacy and privacy.
22. The fact that you’re in a relationship or married to someone doesn’t mean you should reap them off of their privacy. Respect boundaries and enjoy the bliss of quality relationships.
PRIVATE LIFE QUOTES FOR COUPLES
23. The right of an individual to conduct intimate relationships in the intimacy of his or her own home seems to me to be the heart of the Constitution’s protection of privacy.— Harry A Blackmun
24. I think privacy is valuable. You don’t have to share everything, and it’s healthy to occasionally hit the pause button and ask yourself if you’re oversharing. But at the end of the day, if you’re not doing anything wrong, you don’t have anything to hide.— Ashton Kutcher
25. Everyone has three lives: a public life, a private life, and a secret life.— Gabriel Garcia Marquez
26. Stop taking your private matters to public platforms. Don’t complain about people being all in your relationship, when you’re personally sending out the invitations.
27. Your private life is your private life and you keep it to yourself. You get more respect that way.— Jay Kay
28. Learn to keep your private life private, or people will make your life their entertainment.
29. 3 things to keep private: Your love life. Your income. Your next move.
30. The secret of having a personal life is not answering too many questions about it.— Joan Collins
31. Private lives are more important than public reputations.— G.K. Chesterton
32. When we want to have our own style of living, it is nobody’s business but ours. What we do in private is our private business.— Eartha Kitt
33. Live in private, don’t be public. Your feelings and privacy both are important assets of life that you need to hide for yourself.
DEEP PRIVATE LIFE QUOTES
34. No one’s personal life is in the public interest. It’s gossip, bottom line. End of story.— Kevin Spacey
35. What people do in their private lives is their business, and shouldn’t be anybody else’s business.— Rob Lowe
36. Keeping your private life as private as possible is the smartest thing.— Kate Mara
37. I try not to think about my public life. I focus on my private life, and that’s just the best way to live.— Angelina Jolie
38. I am not going to share my private life with millions of people. I don’t find a need to do that and nobody else close to me does either.— Francesca Annis
39. The more of your private life you put into the public domain, the smaller your private life becomes.— Kevin McCloud
40. The less people know about you, the less they can say about you. Keep your private life private and there won’t be any drama.
41. I don’t know why people are so keen to put the details of their private life in public; they forget that invisibility is a superpower.— Banksy
42. People are very reluctant to talk about their private lives but then you go to the internet and they’re much more open.— Paulo Coelho
43. Once you expose your private life, if you give one little bit, the floodgates are open and everyone’s got a free range for you.— Jason Statham
44. Date, in private. Love, in private. Be happy, in private. That way, you can take your losses in private. Maintain in private. Rebuild yourself in private.
45. When you are happy with someone in private, you don’t need to prove it on social media.
I’ve compiled this list of private relationship quotes to inspire you to cultivate a stronger relationship with your partner offline.
So many people in romantic relationships are obsessed with showing off their love life on social media to impress their friends and family members.
When you make your relationship the centre of attention, you neglect the bond you have with your significant other and place more importance on giving a good performance in public.
This can be detrimental to a healthy relationship over time. If you’re genuinely happy and satisfied with your relationship, you won’t need to seek validation from others or try to fake your love online.
Research shows that couples who look happy on social media are not as blissful as they claim in real life. Don’t give in to the temptation to expose all aspects of your life online.
Learn to nurture your relationship in privacy and enjoy what you’ve built with your significant other.
About The Author
Hi, my name is Jennifer and I'm married to the love of my life. As a relationship coach, I'm passionate about helping couples build healthy and happy relationships.
I believe communication and intimacy are important in building a successful relationship.
Join me on a fabulous journey to improve your love life one step at a time and don't forget to subscribe for weekly email updates.