Getting into a romantic relationship is easy but maintaining it takes a lot of consistent effort.
To make it work out, you’ll have to be willing to trust each other, communicate openly, forgive often, and rekindle the love when the spark fizzles out.
As a couple, it’s vital to have a few favorite relationship quotes that inspire you to keep the love alive no matter how hard it gets.
I’ve compiled a list of inspiring healthy relationship quotes to motivate you during the hard times and empower you to stay strong until the very end.
If you ever feel discouraged and want to give up, these love quotes can serve as the perfect reminder that your relationship is worth fighting for.
INSPIRING HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
1. Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long.— Amy Grant
2. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.— Albert Camus
3. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.— Maya Angelou
4. A healthy relationship is one where you can’t wait to see that person. You love to be around that person. You can’t get enough of that person. You’re at your best when you’re with that person.— Germany Kent
5. The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.— Neale Donald Walsch
6. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.— Marcel Proust
7. I think the greatest gifts we can give each other in a relationship are the gifts of kindness and communication.― Jane Green
8. Love takes off the masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.— James Baldwin
9. A healthy relationship is a feast of affection and giving for both people; not one receiving crumbs and trying to convince themselves it’s enough.― Shannon Thomas
10. Love is not a fight but it’s something worth fighting for.― Warren Barfield
11. Don’t just be a taker; healthy relationships require balance. Give with your words and be extra generous with your deeds.― Steve Maraboli
12. If you want a relationship that looks and feels like the most amazing thing on earth, you need to treat it like it is the most amazing thing on earth.― Unknown
SHORT HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
13. Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.— Gloria Steinem
14. Love in such a way that the person you love feels free.— Thich Nhat Hanh
15. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.— Antoine de Saint-Exupery
16. A healthy relationship is one in which love enriches you; not imprisons you.— Steve Maraboli
17. Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.— Carroll Bryant
18. A healthy relationship is built on unwavering trust.— Beau Mirchoff
19. A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.— Unknown
20. In a healthy relationship, vulnerability is wonderful. It leads to increased intimacy and closer bonds.— Christina Enevoldsen
21. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.— Audrey Hepburn
22. Honesty is the key to trust; trust is the door to healthy relationships.— J.R. Incer
23. Respect, trust and kindness are the ingredients of a good relationship.— Máire O’ Leary
24. To get full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with.— Mark Twain
POSITIVE HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
25. A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity.— Dinkar Kalotra
26. The rules for a healthy relationship is communication, cooperation, and determination.— Heath
27. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.— Lao Tzu
28. Relationships with anyone are at their best when you are at your best.— Maria Dorfner
29. Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.—
30. To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.— Doménico Cieri Estrada
31. True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other.— Michael Bassey Johnson
32. We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, and persistence.— Cornel West
33. You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.— Epicurus
34. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.— Thomas Merton
35. Make sure of this one thing: that the person you choose to stay with is someone you do not have to shrink yourself for, cut yourself into smaller pieces for, minimize yourself for. Do not ever, ever, ever stay with someone for whom you need to be less than! The person who is meant for you will call you into higher parts of yourself, encouraging you to rise, to soar higher.— C. JoyBell C.
Being in a healthy relationship can make you the happiest person in the world, but sometimes you may encounter a few challenges that threaten to break your bond.
Whether you’re looking for some encouragement or you’re struggling to keep the spark alive, these love quotes can help you stay hopeful.
You can also use them as love notes, card sayings, and text messages to your significant other.